LONDON September 6, 2016 Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS), a global luxury lifestyle brand, is excited to introduce the MICHAEL KORS ACCESS display smartwatch, part of its new wearable technology accessories line. The line is geared towards the fashion-focused consumer and combines innovative technology with exceptional style from a leader in luxury fashion.
The cutting-edge technology at the heart of the MICHAEL KORS ACCESS smartwatch, which is compatible with both iPhone® and Android™ phones, is made possible through a partnership with Google, using their Android Wear™ smartwatch platform. Designed to show that technology and social connectivity should be seamless, the MICHAEL KORS ACCESS line, which also includes activity trackers, proves that access can be both glamorous and effortless. “Our customers love fashion and they’re plugged in 24/7,” says Michael Kors. “I think they’ll appreciate having social connectivity and health and fitness tracking all within a great-looking accessory.”
MICHAEL KORS ACCESS smartwatches offer customizable features perfect for our fans:
- Exclusive Michael Kors display watch faces, which change with a swipe—whether it’s a digital chronograph design for the gym or glittering, animated pavé for night
- Hundreds of possible combinations of display face, color and sub dials
- A touchscreen display smartwatch powered by Android Wear that provides:
- Social media updates and text and email alerts
- App notifications
- Smart help from Google
- Built-in fitness tracking
- Interchangeable leather and silicone wristbands
- Glamorous versions for women and sporty versions for men
- Magnetic charging
- The Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ Wear 2100, a system-on-a-chip (SoC) designed to ensure a highly interactive touch screen experience
“We’re excited to offer our customers smart, great-looking watches that will help them to stay on top of their daily lives while uniquely expressing their personal style,” says John Idol, Chairman and CEO of Michael Kors.
The Michael Kors customer lives a busy, fast-paced life and the MICHAEL KORS ACCESS collection will let him or her stay connected. “From Google Search to smartwatches, Google strives to give you the information you need to stay connected to what matters most,” says David Singleton, VP of Engineering for Android Wear.
“MICHAEL KORS ACCESS and Android Wear move the wearables category forward with smart, beautiful watches that help you stay on top of your daily life while expressing your personal style.”
MICHAEL KORS ACCESS will be launched in 18 countries via a global digital and print advertising campaign, including a video featuring Zendaya and Martha Hunt. The video follows the two models on a jam-packed day in New York City – from morning workouts to a glamorous evening part. Throughout the day, Michael Kors Access smartwatches keep them in sync and looking chic – proof that with the right accessory, you really can #AccessItAll.