- Assist Brand GM and AVP – Merchandising & Planning to drive business at each location, by managing inventory through development and analysis of store plans based upon current and historical trends to maximise store performance.
- Based on the overall Brand strategy, optimise the allocation and replenishment of inventory in the region.
- Manage complex data effectively and provide relevant analysis in a timely manner.
- Manage and maintain a positive working relationship with the Brand principal.
- Contribute positively to the team, share knowledge and mentor new talent when appropriate.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Prior to Shipment
- Allocation of stocks should be done according to the different customer profiles/demand/needs of the respective stores, with referencing made to the historical sales data to support the proposal of stock movement.
- Monitor and ensure timely shipments to meet the launches and inventory needs of each country.
Receipt of Shipment
- Provide the Logistics team with product details upon receipt of invoices and packing lists to facilitate customs clearance.
- Match actual shipment receipts with purchase orders in order to confirm the shipment fulfillment rate and short-shipments that require follow-ups with the suppliers.
- Monitor and ensure shipment discrepancy is raised by Distribution Centre for every shipment and that shortages claim against supplier is raised and submitted by Inventory within a week, and to follow up monthly on claim status.
Stock Replenishment / Transfers / Other Stocks Related Activities – in partnership with the Merchandising Manager
- Monitor sales performance of merchandise in each door.
- Actively manage the replenishment of stocks to the stores to ensure each door sustains an ideal stock level to maximise sales potential.
- The inter-store transfer is executed on a need basis to move merchandise from a slow selling location to a location where the stock is most needed.
- Weekly store visits to understand customer profile and competitor performance for the various markets.
- Manage stock-holding at an optimum level at all time, and to make recommendations for reorders should any product receives exceptional attention in which demand exceeds supply.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to support all initiatives around the region with the appropriate stocks.
- Manage End-Of-Season, obsolete and defective stocks and to propose markdowns during clearance exercises.
- Project Management – support and involve in strategic projects to roll out new platforms, merchandising system
- Assist in any project-based activities related to store openings, relocation, closure, end season clearance, friends & family Sale, etc when required.
- Manage new launches in terms of product allocation.
Retail operations Related
- Travel to new store opening locations to assist local teams with the store setup.
- Spend time in the stores weekly, to remain connected with the staff and the customers – first hand.
- Participate in Bi-Monthly stores calls and follow up on any action points in a timely manner.
- Communicate product opportunities to Brand seasonally.
- Evaluate market conditions, study the competition and implement appropriate strategy changes to maximize sales.
- Share product performance and insight with Brand Principal as required in consultation with Head of Division.
Essential to analyse the business by means of:-
- Stock aging.
- Shipment fulfillment.
- Work with the retail team to obtain qualitative feedback/information to support quantitative findings.
- Share local merchandising information with the regional team during regular conference calls.
- Minimum a Diploma/Degree in any discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience in demand planning/allocation in retail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Pleasant Personality.
- Analytical Skills.
- Proficient in computer skills.
- Take initiative and proactive at work.
- Fluent English and both in written and spoken. Knowledge of other language is added advantage.