- Take ownership of the overall business from the merchandising point of view and assist on conceptualize and implement strategies to deliver pre-season and in-season sales and margin objectives for the Brand.
- Work closely with Operations, and Inventory & Logistics team to ensure the sales and margin objectives of the Brand are achieved.
- Develop and execute seasonal plans by category and by store, and to maximize profit across the area of operation.
- Lead a team of merchants and planners and is responsible for key areas of regional planning, inventory management, purchase cycle, reporting and other general administration and activities that relate to the successful implementation of brand strategy.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Drive Sales & Profitability
- Review in-season performance and recommend in-season adjustments to achieve sales, margin and turnover goals.
- Lead in ensure the products appear in the right store at the appropriate time and in sufficient units to maximize sales potential while minimizing lost sale opportunities.
- Assist team in deliver sales and profit contribution of the brand.
- Be proficient in ad hoc analysis that drives sales and profit.
Plan & Manage Strategies To Achieve Objectives of the Brand
- Create detailed reviews of seasonal/annual financial plans to assure correct sales and receipt flow, markdown plans, pricing strategy and other key components.
- Develop long range as well as short term merchandise strategies at the country/category/SKU level.
- Ensure the correct products are selected / ordered for the market according to the peculiarity of customers in the different doors.
- Monitor and analyse product performance through system generated reports, and to make recommendation on stock movement, reorders, promotion, or markdowns whenever necessary.
- Gather information from retail personnel on customers’ reaction towards new products after each launch and compare results with previous seasons launches.
- Gather information on key players in the market in the area of new product launches, pricing, limited editions, promotional activities, etc
- Monitor shipment fulfilment and delivery schedule.
Lead The Team In Activities That Relate To The Successful Implementation Of Brand Strategy
- Coach buyers/allocators/Merchandising Assistants to create quality quarterly, seasonal and annual sales/stock plans.
- Lead the team in transition of the new ERP system, manage planning system issues and availability with support teams.
- Lead to create merchandise classification analytics to help understand trends, pricing effects, and stock position.
- Lead the partnership with Logistics team to ensure timely delivery of PO’s to our warehouses and from our warehouse to the shop floors.
- Manage and maintain a positive working relationship with the Brand principal.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of appropriate data for regular review.
- Ensure adherence and compliance to all retail operations procedures.
- Contribute positively to the team, share knowledge and regularly mentor new talent.
- Possess effective communication skills and team spirit between staff.
- Improve staff morale which lead to positive and dynamic working attitude and environment.
- Maintain general and acceptable staff working conditions
- Minimum a Diploma/Degree in any discipline
- Minimum 3-5 years of management experience in luxury goods or a comparable retail environment and experience in Customer Service
- Good interpersonal skills
- Pleasant personality
- Excellent communicator
- Proficient in computer skills
- Fluent English and both in written and spoken. Knowledge of other language is added advantage.